DSM Hangout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4G37 Build.

Go down

4G37 Build. Empty 4G37 Build.

Post  Blackmount Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:31 am

here's a few things for you 4G37 guys to make you not feel left out

good list of mods that are worth the time\effort\money on a 1.8L (they do make great daily drivers tho Smile )

Free\Junkyard Mods

2.0 Cam Gear mod. The idea behind this is to make less weight for the engine to have to turn. The 4G63 Cam gear is much lighter then the 4G37 cam gear, Install is easy and only fab work you have to do is either shave down rear cam gear timing cover bolts, or remove the timing cover. I removed mine. you can take the cam gear to a machine shop and have them shave it down to free up more weight as well. (Make sure you add Timing marks with new cam gear, cannot recall if timing marks were still accurate after new cam gear install)

2.0 N\T Throttle body. Direct bolt on, Easy install. Make sure you get one with the same sensors\connectors as yours. (Even better if you port it but make sure you keep all metal shavings out of your intake.

Emissions delete, remove all the unnecessary Emissions vacuum lines, and get a block off plate for the EGR valve, sometimes can be found on 1.8 DSMs in the junkyard.

Balance Shaft Delete: Stage 1, Cut balance shaft belt for front balance shaft. Stage 2, do a full Balance Shaft delete and remove both front and back Balance Shafts (Check VFAQ on DSMtuners for details)

Intake: Stage 1, Cut the stock air can. Stage 2: add K+N Filter for our cars and some hard piping. Stage 3: all of the above and make a Ram air intake, and route the intake to where the stock front mount would go make sure nothing falls off while down there tho.

Exhaust: Recommend Custom Exhaust System for best results. upgrade to 2.5 Inch piping all the way back and make it AS STRAIGHT AS POSSIBLE FOR THE BEST FLOW! (you can use a Aftermarket Downpipe from a 2.0L N\T DSM on our 1.8L's), your choice of catless (best results) or a high flow cat. do not reinstall the stock resonators. (for best results), and install a muffler (or run no muffler for best results)

Cyclone Cylinder head: if you can find one of these 12 valve cylinder heads for the 4G37, get it. it ups the compression a little and allows more flow, and can add in a little extra hp.

if you do all of these it would be a good idea to run the n\t 4G63 Injectors because your car should be pulling around more air now. so you'll wanna keep a good amount of fuel going through it. if you wanna throw in some money find a cheap wideband, and SAFC and tune it a little for best hp results...otherwise go N\T 4G63 or Turbo 4G63

I wouldn't mind seeing a PROPER Turbo 4G37 build. I may do one for shits in giggles sometime in the future.

Blackmount
Admin

DSM Dedication. : 4955

https://dsmhangout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down