DSM Hangout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear Suspension Alignment

3 posters

Go down

Rear Suspension Alignment Empty Rear Suspension Alignment

Post  CaffeineTripp Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:42 pm

With a lot of us that do a drop in suspension, around 2 inches or so, we suffer a huge camber change. What have you all done to correct this? I've heard that there are a few different ways to correct this; shims, control arm grinding, new adjusting bolts that adjust further, bushings, etc.
Any favorite ways to getting this done? I remember seeing some bushings of the sorts out there that people have really liked, along with being generally cheap. I bought some camber adjusting bolts for the future though I'd also like to purchase the bushings themselves.
This goes for 1G and 2G, but please state what generation DSM you have, just to keep it easily searchable in the future.

CaffeineTripp

DSM Dedication. : 4909

Back to top Go down

Rear Suspension Alignment Empty Re: Rear Suspension Alignment

Post  Blackmount Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:44 am

I believe home made camber kits are the new things to do. I'm not too familiar with our rear suspension as far as whats already their other the use FWD's have been cursed with a Tied Rear end.

HOWEVER

since we are FWD, and straight line traction of the Rear wheels is not a concern. The negative camber created by our cars being lowered is a good thing this can help increase turn-in response. obviously excessive camber can create potential situations of sudden traction loss in the rear ends case excessive uncorrectable oversteer.

Blackmount
Admin

DSM Dedication. : 4959

https://dsmhangout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  1gdsmftw Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:21 am

chris u do know aiden has a tsi awd right?
1gdsmftw
1gdsmftw
Admin

DSM Dedication. : 5083

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000464581236

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum