DSM Hangout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluebird, the DD and WW

+4
genegoesfast
Blackmount
tsiguyawd
DSM_munky_man
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bluebird, the DD and WW  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bluebird, the DD and WW

Post  4gJunkie Tue May 31, 2011 4:05 am

Which block are you going to use, 4g63 or 4g64?

4gJunkie

DSM Dedication. : 4902

Back to top Go down

Post  DSM_munky_man Tue May 31, 2011 6:22 am

Junior_dsm, if you do come down pm me and by that time I should have a good start on the car if you want to swing by and check it out/help lol

And 4g, not sure yet, if I do the 2.3 then I will stay with the 63 block, but if I decide on the 2.4 LR I will need to source otu a G4cs block. it is a six bolt 2.4 block, But I am needing to go to the junmkyard here shortly for a valve cover for another project so I may look to see if they have any clean blocks..
DSM_munky_man
DSM_munky_man
Moocher

DSM Dedication. : 5035

Back to top Go down

Post  4gJunkie Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:32 am

If you go with the 4g64 block, you can use a 1g head, but for the block you'll have to drill oil passageways, make oil squirters, and do a bit more machine work. The 4g63 is alot more cost effective. All you have to do is grind down a few places inside the block, and make a little bit of clearance in the oil pan.

4gJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  DSM_munky_man Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:29 am

If i stick with the 63 block then I am stuck with the 2.3 liter, Any 2.4 is goign to need the 64 block. And also to my understanding the oil squirters arent necasarilly needed on forged pistons anyway. Although I still may stick with my 2.3 idea just due to it will be less money, just depends on how soon I sell my Bronco and get the money from my school.
DSM_munky_man
DSM_munky_man
Moocher

Back to top Go down

Post  4gJunkie Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:02 pm

Are you going to build the head too?

4gJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  DSM_munky_man Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:02 am

4gJunkie wrote:Are you going to build the head too?

Yes sir. Plan on 275's, 3G lifters, new springs and retainers, stainless valves, valve job, port work too.

I may abandon the stroker and do a high revving 2.0, just to save some money, and slowly build a 2.4 LR setup in the mean time. Looming fir a 2.0 LR set up and take this bitch to 10k Very Happy
DSM_munky_man
DSM_munky_man
Moocher

Back to top Go down

Post  4gJunkie Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:46 am

That was a quick change of heart lol. What all are you going to do to the 2.0 block?

4gJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  DSM_munky_man Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:06 am

Haha ya, money talks, you all heard, and when you dont have the money it talks as well. lol So I think I am just going to do a 2.0 LR motor and rev high. I will probably retain the stock crank, then manley pistons and rods, bsek and ahve it balance, and maybe a girdle and fluidamper.
DSM_munky_man
DSM_munky_man
Moocher

Back to top Go down

Post  4gJunkie Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:46 am

Anything new on your build man? We haven't heard from you in a few weeks.

4gJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  DSM_munky_man Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Nothing new done, but a new plan. So i talked over the LR build with my tuner, and he loved the idea, keep it simple he says, right? Well, he keeps it simple by deciding to tell me he knows a guy selling a 2.3 long block for 2500, fully built by him, 272's, fully ported, 1mm over valves, bsek, balanced, all the bells and whistles. 750cc tuned on gas and on an evo3, full thermal exhaust, 2g mass and intake. So I decide to get ahold of the guy, turns out he wants to sell the whole car, he asked 5k i offered 4k and we had a deal, so I was waiting on money, well money came, all but 2000 of it, so I was unable to buy it now, well i offered a 1000 down payment and monthly payments till auguest, which is when I get the rest of the money, and he thought about it for a few days, then his wife decided not the best, since he is horrible at saving money, so now we are waiting till august to get the deal going, but I am going to be purchasing the car, and a gt30r turbo, turbonetics mani, and a Tial 38mm.

So here is the plan, The car is a 1991 Eclipse GSX, my fave body style cause it reminds me of old school rally cars, cause of the flip up lights, so I have always wanted one to do just that, but I dont want to rally a 2.3, so I am pulling the 2.3 and trans and dropping it into my 92, then I am going to build my current 2.0 to stock, maybe a few upgrades, like evo pistons, keep the evo3 16g, run a little over stock boost and call it a day. Then DD the 91 and rally it once a month. It also has v3 so I am doing two tunes on that too, one for a gas saving DD tune, then one that is a little more aggressive for getting down and dirty.

So there is the plan fellas, sorry its been a while, school is getting hectic, not much free time really. Ill keep yall posted, but dont expect many major updates till Late august, I will howerver be getting my 92 ready to drop everything in, cleaning up the harness and bay, maybe relocate the battery to the trunk, etc. So you may see that from me!
DSM_munky_man
DSM_munky_man
Moocher

Back to top Go down

Post  4gJunkie Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:11 am

Anything new man? I haven't been on in a while.

4gJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  DSM_munky_man Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:16 am

Nothing new really, still waiting on money. But I did get the engine pulled and trans out too. It is now on a stand awaiting tear down. I hope to get to it soon, but havent had time really and been super tired. I am hoping to get this other car still, but since i dont got a lot of money and dont expect to be getting too much in the near future, i may just patch it up for now with a new set of used rods and have it all freshened up and just run it for now, then save up and do a 2.3 or save up for the car if money permits. other than that nothing new, just some updates. I am going to try and clean up the engine bay too and get the harness stripped of unnnecassary things and paint the bay a semi gloss black.
DSM_munky_man
DSM_munky_man
Moocher

Back to top Go down

Post  4gJunkie Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:43 am

True, that's why I didnt do everything I wanted to with this motor... money. But I now have an extra head and tranny that I'm going to rebuild and find a block to build a 2.3. You got me really curious about it so I did a bunch of reading on it. But that won't happen for a long time. Anyways, good luck man, I hope you end up getting the other car.

4gJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  DSM_munky_man Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 am

Ya, i hope i get it too, i hope that i get some money to do something, i may for now just get a fresh set of bearings, and rods and gaskets, and put it back in to see what this setup will do since i never got to run it right. Then keep saving for that other car, or find a spare 6 bolt and build the 2.3.
DSM_munky_man
DSM_munky_man
Moocher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum